Monday, August 24, 2009

Here We Go!

Hello All!

So the other night I saw the movie Juile Julia. I loved it. I highly recommend it. If you like cooking of course. After watching the movie I was inspired to overcome fear in my life. One of the things that scares me is baking. For those of you who know me you will be thinking that I am telling a lie. In fact I am not. I love baking and am very good at some types of baking. But there are some types that scare me. So I thought to myself that I want to overcome my baking fears. Juile in the movie cooks her way through Julia Childs cookbook Mastering the art of French cooking. Julie challenges her self to make ever recipe in the cookbook. Even the ones that scare her. She does not let her fear stop her. So I will be blogging my baking escapades. I have not decided how I will do this. Will I pick on book and cook all the way through? Or just randomly pick things in my vaste aray of cookbooks and make them. But picking the scarier things for me of course. I am thinking that for me once a week I will make some creation and post it here. So join me on my journey of over coming fear. Maybe I will inspire you to over come fear in your own life. Or maybe you will discover a love for baking and realize that it is fun and easy. I do believe that any one can bake. Also please bare with me as I have never done a blog before. So I am ironing out kinks and things. Also have not found a pick of me that I like yet so I just posted a cake I had made for my daughters 3rd birthday.

5 comments:

  1. I posted this comment at 1:45 pm central standard time. I wish I new how to change the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. anytime you need a taster for your baking, you know where to find me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kyla, I will let you and all my readers know what night will be my baking night. Then you may feel free to come on down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed your comments D
    T

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great project DK....I am looking forward to seeing that movie as well...my step-father Emmett used to see Julia Child all the time in Boston when he was attending Harvard...he said she had a wooden spoon attached to the antenna of her car...lol..you have inspired me to try to work through some of my fears.... DP

    ReplyDelete