Sunday, August 30, 2009

Blueberry Cake with Streusel Topping

Hello again.

So today I am going to make a blueberry cake. I was flipping through one of my cookbooks the other day and stumbled upon this recipe. I had never seen it before. I don't know how that is possible. It sounds so good that I am going to make it. Does not look hard to make but I thought I would include it anyways. You may want to give the recipe a try. Kyla you are in luck I shall have leftovers for you. I thought I would always have way to much that we could not eat it all. So I told Ben that he would take leftovers to work. But that has not happened yet. Maybe this coming week I will make something for him to take. But the guys at work don't know I promised dessserts. So its all good. Here is the recipe. Enjoy!

Blueberry Cake with Streusel Topping

Streusel:
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground mace
1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick), cold

6 tablespoons Butter (3/4 stick), softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 cups all purpose flour
3 tablespoons cornstarch 2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk
2 cups fresh blueberries or free flowing frozen ones.

Place the dry streusel ingredients in a food processor bowl. Drop in the butter and pulse until small crumbs frorm. (this can also be done in a medum mixer bowl with a pastry blender.) Set Aside.
Prheat oven to 375oF. In a large miser bowl, cream the softened butter. Add the sugar a little at a time and beat until mixture is light and fluffy. Add the egg, and beat well. Sift together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt. add to the butter mixture, alternating with the combined milk and vanilla, with the mixer on low speed.Stir in the blueberries by hand. Spread the batter evenly in an oiled 8 inch square cake pan. Spoon the struesel topping evely over the batter, and bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a tooth pick comes out clean from the center of the cake. Let cake cool for 15 minutes, then cut into squares and serve warm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment