Sunday, November 22, 2009


You know the phrase less is more? Yeah well I forgot it when I made this eggnog bread. Tip when oiling your pans just put a small amount of oil in. Really less is more. LOL But this loaf is not a gift so we will live. Its just not very attractive. So I found this recipe thanks to Teresa. She sent me this link to a Christmas baking site. In there I found this eggnog recipe. I tried it tonight. I thought that this recipe would make great christmas gifts. But I wanted to try the recipe first to see. I could not wait till it fully cooled to taste test it. The smell of the bread was driving me crazy. It smelt so good. I don't like eggnog at all and wondered how I would like the bread. I loved it. It tasted great. Reminded me of a yellow cake.  Ben really liked it and said it tasted like cake donuts. Will make excellent gift. You know for all those Sunday school teachers and the like.  I can make mini's with my Christmas bread pan. Wrap with saran wrap and tie with a bow. Attach a note to the bow and you have a lovely little gift. Here is a link to the recipe. If it will post. Blessings

5 comments:

  1. I did not have rum extract in the house or real rum so I had left that out. Ben wants to buy rum for making his rum balls and said that we need to try the bread again with the rum in it. To see how it was suppose to taste. But I don't think that is necessary. I just think he wants to eat more bread! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is yummy! A great find :-) and super easy to make.
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. So tried it with real rum. Could not taste a difference. Ben said why waste the rum if you can't even taste it. So you don't need to use the rum extract.

    I take it Teresa that you made some? I am going to make more as it is soo good. But my waste does not need any more. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. This eggnog bread is very cute & if it tastes as good as it looks all is well.

    ReplyDelete