Monday, November 16, 2009

Christmas baking and other stuff

So I finally baked something. I have not baked anything in a long time. My back pain has kind of taken over my life. But last night I made Chocolate chip oatmeal cookies. Plain but good. I want to get back to more baking and more baking of challenging things soon. I know what is wrong with my back finally. I have Osteoartritis. So now its just a matter of figuring out how to manage the pain. Well keep checking back one of these days I will do something challenging soon. Oh I have been planning out my holiday baking list. I love holiday baking. It is so fun. We have already started playing the Christmas music. I think this year I will try some new things. I like to change it up. I have my favourite things I bake every year. Like gingerbread cookies. Its not christmas with out them. Shortbread cookies. Bens mom makes a whiped shortbread cookie. So it makes it really soft. Not the hard kind of shortbread. Very good but I also really like the hard kind too. I found a recipe this year for chocolate shortbread that looks really good. I love making cookies. But I will also make some breads. I am going to try Eggnog bread. That sounds good. Oh and I bought this really cool pan last year that makes mini loafs with Christmas shapes. Its a nordic ware pan. I will find a pic and post it I love Nordic Ware stuff. They make a great product. I am also doing something different this year. My niece asked to have a day of Christmas baking together. I am so looking forward to that. What a  great gift. So we will be spending a day together baking all day. I hope and pray that I can last the day. She will be bringing ingredients for 3 kinds of cookies and I will bring ingredients for 3 kinds of cookies. Then we will double all the recipes and each bring home 6 differnt kinds of full recipes. I am not so sure what my single niece will do with all those cookies. But she said that she could find a place for them. We as a family will eat some and I always love giving a bunch away. Oh I can't wait. We will play christmas music for part of the time and as our computer is in the dinning room which is right beside the kitchen we will also watch Christmas movies. Should be a really fun day. So what about you? Will you be doing Christmas baking? Do you have some favourite recipes? What are they? Well have a great time as you think about what to make and do for Christmas.
Blessings :o)

2 comments:

  1. Chocolate shortbread! Sounds delicious! I'm also interested in the soft shortbread recipe. ALL your recipes sound so delicious! Maybe you should have a little taste testing party! :) Hope you figure out the Osteoarthritis soon. ~ Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm taste testing hey? Isn't that what husbands are for? Although I did have a taste test of my donuts tonight. Missed you. I will think about it. I have ideas rattling around in my head how that could work but it will not be as expected.

    ReplyDelete