Thursday, April 22, 2010

Biscotti

So I have never made biscotti before today. I had a friend request I make some. So I did. I don't know why I didn't make it before. But I sure will be trying other recipes. The one I made was so easy. But the recipe did not make nearly as much as it said it would. It claimed that it made 2 + 1/2 dozen. I thought great some for my friend and some for us. But no such luck. One recipe only made 6 pieces. That sucked. I hate small recipes. I want one that makes lots of stuff. Oh well. Tasted all right. I am not much of a fan of biscotti. I find it too hard. But I read recently that biscotti does not have to be hard. You can make it soft medium or hard. Mine today turned out medium. I would have liked them softer. Ben thought they should have been hard. Cause that is what people are use to. But I disagree. I don't like my cookies to taste like rocks and chip a tooth each time I eat one. But hey that may just be me. I would love to share a pic with you but I forgot to take one before my friend took the cookies home. If you don't know what biscotti is google search for it and you will find lots of pics and stuff. So what are you baking these days? I pray I inspire you to go and try something new. Something you have never done before. You may surprise yourself with how easy it actually is. Like I did today.

3 comments:

  1. biscotti is hard so when you dunk it in your coffee it doesn't turn to mush

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really know how to bake.. basically because I've always been afraid of screwing up! And I've been told in baking that if you do something wrong, there's nothing you can really do to make it right, so it all goes to waste. :(

    Id love to learn how to bake tho

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy for some things that is true. If you just follow the recipe as it is written. Read it before you start. If there is anything in the recipe you don't understand just look it up on line. Then go for it. You will surprise your self with how easy it can be. That is if you don't pick to hard a recipe to start with. Cookies or muffins,those are easy starts. Any question's I would be glad to answer them. Give it a try and let me know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete