Wednesday, March 17, 2010

St. Patricks Day Cupcakes

So I was bumming around on the internet this am and stumbled upon Chocolate Guinness cupcakes. I had made once before a Chocolate Guinness Cake. Loved it! It was the best chocolate cake I had ever made and eaten. So these cupcakes looked like they would be really good. They would be if they were anything like the cake. So off to the LC (Liquor Commission) for my Guinness Extra Stout. Which I did not have on hand. We should stock it more often as it makes for a very delicious and moist chocolate cake. Went to the LC and they were out of Guinness Extra Stout. Oh no now what? Well the guy recommend another brand that would be as good he said. It was O'Hara's Irish Stout. O.K. lets try that then. Will you really be able to tell the difference? So now on to the cake making. Turned out great. The recipe was huge so cakes all around for many people. Ben will bring a bunch to work. We will have some for bible study and just some to snack on. How is a girl to lose weight when she keeps making all this good stuff to eat. I don't know. But boy those Chocolate cupcakes with ganache spread on top and then Bailey's Buttercream icing on top of that. Yummy goodness!! I can't stand beer just on its own but in cake it is heavenly. You can't even taste it. Well that was the extent of my celebrating St. Paddy's day. But I think that was a good way. The guys at Ben's work will agree I think. Hey Curtis?
 This is only some of the cupcakes it made like 42. When a recipe makes that many you have got to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment