Monday, December 14, 2009

All Day Bake a Thon


Hey all! So yesterday my niece and I did an all day bake a thon. What a lot of fun. The plan was to make 6 kinds of cookies doubling each batch. Well my niece arrived here at 10 am and we started baking at 10:30 am. First I made my gingerbread dough as it needed to be chilled for 2 hours. Then my niece made these fabulous Chocolate Kalua and Pecan Cookies. She got the recipe from a cooking magazine. Definately my favourite cookie of the day.Then we moved on to me making Super Gooey Chocolate Drops. Tasted good but were very soft and crumbly. Ben suggested that they would be good ice cream toppings. From there on to my nieces Malted             Maddness cookies.                                                                                       Kalua Cookies

They are a choclate cookie with chocolate icing on them, then crushed Malt Balls. Very good but very sweet.

 Then I made Whipped Shortbread cookies. Bens moms recipe. Ben just loves these cookies. They are a very soft shortbread they melt in your mouth. Delicous. By this time it was 7 ish at night and we were pooped. So we figured that to make the last 2 batches we would be up to like 12 am and we were not interested in that. So as we were going to be seeing each other the next day in the evening we decided that we would make our cookies the next after noon at our own houses and exchange them  that evening. Which we did. I made my ginigerbread and my niece made chocolate macarrons. I had a great day hanging with my niece. That was a real blessing to me. I think that will be my best Christmas present this year. I love all my nieces and nephews so much. They are all really precious to me. Thanks Brianna for such a wonderful day. :o)

Here is the recipe for the Chocolate Kalua + Pecan Cookies
1 cup butter, 1/4 cup kahlua liqueur, 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour, 1 tsp salt, 1tsp baking soda, 1/4 cup cocoa, 1 cup chopped pecans, 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips. Combine butter and sugar; cream on high speed. Add eggs 1 at a time, and kahlua beat till smooth. In a seprate bowl combine flour, salt, baking soda and cocoa. Add to butter mixture and mix to incorporate. Stir in nuts and Chocolate chips. Drop by rounded tablespoons on to cookie sheets. Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. The first pic is of the Kalua Cookies. Not the one the words are over. I can't figure out how to fix my mistake. Its not working. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay this is the sweetest post. We love you too :)
    I definitely sampled all those cookies back at Bri's place!! They were superrrb.

    Shaylyn

    ReplyDelete